Skip to content
- Creation of a LaTeX package designed to create accessible PDF documents with mathematical content. Detailed information here.
- Processing of a method to optimize the learning abilities of the artificial neural nets applied to the automatic recognition of printing characters.
- Processing of a method to segment texts through the fuzzy logic.
- Testing and evaluation of the accessibility of the platform Moodle 2.
- Realization of the Italian version of the software package Infty.
- In the framework of the project ”Methodologies, technologies, materials and activities for accessible and inclusive actions for learning math” we signed in July 2015 an agreement with the Training Agency C.I.A.C, in relation to the production and use of 3D prints.
Activities in progress
- Study of the LaTeX language as means to read and write in an accessible way texts containing formulae.
- In collaboration with Prof. Cerruti of the Department of Mathematics G.Peano and in the framework of the project “Methodologies, technologies, materials and activities for accessible and inclusive actions for learning math” we started to work on an algorithm of pattern recognition aimed at the realization of an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) specific for mathematical formulas. Detailed information here.
- Application of NLG (Natural Language Generation) techniques for the accessibility of scientific documents. Specifically, it will be studied the use of speech synthesis with algorithmic techniques for describing figures, tables and mathematical formulae.
- Production of texts (academic and educational) containing accessible formulae and graphs for people with visual impairments and in general for disabled people or DSA students(Treaty of Marrakesh, 2013). Detailed information here.
- Study of aptic technologies.
- Technical advice and testing on the accessibility of online quizzes.
- Collaboration to projects of e-learning of the Department of Mathematics.
- Study of genetic algortithms for the optimization of the performances of artificial neural network.
- Study of the image segmentation by means of the theory of the Calculus of variations.
- Promotion of the technologies that allow the access to computer and take notes by vocal control.
- Experimentation of the online service ReadSpeaker used by the University of Turin.
- Study of the accessibility of waveform chart applied within the forensic field.
- Experimentation of the use of new assitive technologies for studying chemistry.
- Experimentation of the use of new assitive technologies for the realization of accessible laboratories of physics.
- Testing of accessibility of the most used mathematical software (like, e.g., Maple, Mathematica, Matlab, R)