Skip to content
- Consultation for a visually impaired student attending his Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics for the Finance, University of Turin, in order to advice and help him in the research of accessible texts with mathematical content.
- Training course “Transcription and realization of accessible documents with formulae, graphs and tables” (In the framework of an agreement with the Municipality of Turin), Department of Mathematics of University of Turin, September 2018.
- Talk “For an accessible and inclusive mathematics, LaTeX as solution to the problem of the access to texts with formulae from visually impaired people”, Department of Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics, University of Udine, Giugno 2018.
- Consultation for a visually impaired student attending his Bachelor’s degree in Economics in order to advice and help him in the research of accessible texts with mathematical content.
- Training course “LaTeX as solution of the problem of accessibility to documents with formulae by visually impaired people and on the use of specific assistive technologies”, Department of Mathematics G. Peano, University of Torino, November 2017, in collaboration with CTS (Centro Territoriale di Supporto) of Torino.
- Attendance at Abilitando, A meeting between technology and disability, Bosco Marengo (AL), October, 6th – 7th, 2017.
- Organisation of the Workshop The use of instruments and assistive technologies for visually impaired people, at the Department of Mathematics “G.Peano”, Turin, April 18th, 2017. The recordings of the speeches can be found at the following link.
- Attendance at the event Abilitando, dove la tecnologia incontra la disabilità (disabilità e tecnologie, nuovi orizzonti), at the AppleStore, Via Roma 82, Torino, 16 November 2016, at 3pm. Accessible programme here.
- In the setting of the project “Potenziare l’occupabilità di persone con disabilità visiva” in cooperation with the Citta’ Metropolitana of Torino (Fondo Regionale Disabili) e l’I.Ri.Fo.R., has been organized a 14-hour course for visually impaired people in order to reinforce their IT competence addressed to the world of work. In addition have been activated 9 payed interships, for three months, where the partecipants developed the competences acquired during the course. Two of them have been employed with permanent contratcs
- Consultation for the accessibility of texts with formulae for the office for disabled people of the University of Rome “La Sapienza”.
- Attendance at Assemblea Regionale Quadri Dirigenti UICI Piemonte, at the UICI offices of Torino – 24 September 2016.
- Lectures about the realization of digital documents, websites and accessible appications at the Camera di Commercio of Torino, 2016.
- Lecture “Per una matematica accessibile e inclusiva” held at Politecnico of Turin for the class “Tecnologie per la disabilità”, May 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Lectures on “Disability and New Technologies” as part of PAS (Qualifying program for secondary school teachers) of Turin University, 2014.
- The working group has held several lectures in the “Master’s Degree in Education and Educational Psychology for students with sensorial disabilities” aimed to support teachers (sponsored by the Department of Philosophy and Educational Sciences of Turin University in collaboration with the Regional Education Office), 2015.
- In September 2015 and 2016 the project team held at the Department of Mathematics, Turin University, the Training Course I.Ri.Fo.R.- Turin University in transcription of texts containing formulas.
Activities in progress
- Consultation for a visually impaired student attending his Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, University of Turin, in order to advice and help her in the use of accessible software for data analysis.
- Consultation to companies interested to assume disabled people with high qualification (in the setting of the project D.A.P.A.R.I. ). Companies are informed about the tasks that people with some disabilities can do with the best results. The tasks that are subjects of consultation concern mainly: a) the use of accessible means(in particular on the web), b) the identification of relational paths between seeing people, blind people and low vision people, c) the awareness, with polls and questionnaires, of expectations and problems of the companies about the inclusion of disable people with high qualification and the supply of technologies designed to the accessibility.
- Participation in national and international conferences and events in the field of assistive technologies.
- Partecipation to conferences and events, national and international, whithin the topic of assistive technologies.